Homeowners love fireplaces! Unfortunately, not every home has one, not every family has the money for a huge remodel, and not everyone has access to wood to burn. There is a solution. You can enjoy a beautiful fire in a safe and stylish fire appliance, and it won’t break the bank (or break your house) to install. In fact, you’ll end up saving money. Turn down the thermostat and enjoy a new direct vent insert.
What is a Direct Vent Insert?
Standard inserts are retro-fitted into an existing firebox. A direct vent insert can be installed anywhere because they don’t need a chimney at all. The term “direct vent” means they are vented to the outdoors through a wall. The unit pulls air from the outside, and vents outside, never using or wasting heated air from the house. In fact, a direct vent insert never affects the inside of the house (except to heat it!). It’s a highly efficient, closed unit, equipped with a blower that pushes the heat into your house even more.
Why Choose a Direct Vent Insert?
- Save money – You will start saving money immediately when your direct vent insert is installed. Turn down your thermostat and turn on your fireplace. It doesn’t even use electricity unless you use the blower.
- Heat during outages – Your direct vent insert will continue to heat despite a power outage. The blower requires electricity, but the convection heat will continue to provide adequate heat with no electricity whatsoever.
- Eco-friendly – Direct vent inserts benefit the environment as much as they do you. They burn natural gas, which is the cleanest fossil fuel. It produces less harmful chemicals into the air, and direct vents are highly efficient without the problems that traditional gas fireplaces have.
- Hassle-free – You don’t have to cut, split, or carry firewood to have a beautiful fire. You won’t have to open your fireplace to adjust your logs or feed it, so there will never be soot, smoke, or ash in your house caused by your insert.
- Stylish and beautiful – Direct gas inserts come in a variety of colors, styles, and sizes. You can choose an insert that is contemporary or traditional, and everything in between. Choose decorative doors that complement your home décor. There are sizes big and small for all of your spaces and to meet all your needs.
Where to Put Your Insert?
You can have your direct vent insert installed anywhere that a vent can be installed to the outside of the house. If you’re considering a new fire appliance like an insert, contact a professional now. At The Cozy Flame, our Comfort Consultants can help you decide where to install your insert, what size will work best for your needs, and we’ll show you the styles to match your tastes. Our fireplace experts can tell you how to save even more money by using your insert for zone heating. There is no drawback to a direct vent insert. Raise your property value before a sale, save on heating costs, or “go green”—whatever your reasoning, you can’t go wrong with a direct vent insert. Come by The Cozy Flame at 116-Q Research Dr., or call us at 203-283-4459.