Nothing Brings About The Heat & Memories Of A Wood-Burning Stove
Is there any other heating appliance that can match the cozy comfort of a wood stove? We think not. Today there are lots of options for those homeowners who won’t have it any other way than a real wood-burning appliance.
These options include traditional cast iron wood-burning stoves (though many look very modern) —available as either catalytic or non-catalytic.
Many wood stoves are guaranteed to be eco-friendly, with low EPA-certified emissions, and come with heat-activated fans that improve room air circulation.
Regency Classic F1100 Small Wood Stove
Things To Love About A Wood Stove
- The beauty of burning wood. We can pretty much predict that the other rooms in your house will miss your company after you have a wood stove installed. Wood stoves have quite a magnetic presence.
- Wood fuel is eco-friendly, as wood is a renewable resource.
- Wood heat tends to be warmer than other types of heat. This all depends on who you ask, but plenty of people swear up and down that nothing heats like real wood.
- Fuel is economical — especially if you can harvest the wood from your own property. But if you do need to buy it, wood is still cheaper than other types of fuel. Because of increased oil prices, propane gas is now one of the most expensive fuels, and electricity has always been one of the most expensive ways to heat your home.
- Chopping and hauling wood is a good source of physical activity. This benefit might seem like a stretch, but we find that some people really do enjoy this part of the process.
- Self-sufficiency. With a wood stove or insert, you don’t have to rely on electricity or gas for heat. When the power’s out, you’ll still have a way to heat your home.
- Wood stoves come in all shapes, sizes, and styles. We usually think of wood stoves in traditional terms, but there are a lot of contemporary options out there now.
Catalytic vs. Non-Catalytic Wood Stoves: What’s The Difference?
When shopping for a new wood stove, many homeowners ask, ‘What’s the difference between catalytic and non-catalytic wood stoves?’
To start, Catalytic Wood Stoves rely on newer, cleaner-burning technology than their Non-Catalytic counterparts. Because of this technology, Catalytic options tend to be more expensive. That said, you don’t want to make a decision strictly based on price.
Catalytic and Non-Catalytic stoves are both great options and both are efficient heaters, but one will be better for you based on your heating needs and goals. Here’s a breakdown of some of the differences you should know about before you buy.
Catalytic Wood Stoves:
- Better primary heat sources because they’re able to provide more stable heat for longer periods of time
- Perfect for wood burners who want to use a wood stove to lower their heating costs
- Great for longer, overnight fires
- Ideal for the eco-conscious wood burner
- Highly efficient (around 98% reduction in emissions)
- Typically less smoke and ash than you’d have with a traditional Non-Catalytic Wood Stove
Non-Catalytic Wood Stoves:
- Great for supplemental heat and ambiance
- Perfect for those with fewer heating demands and those who aren’t relying on their stove as a primary heat source for extended periods of time
- Less technology means operation is simple and straightforward
- More affordable and typically require less maintenance than catalytic stoves (which may need to be replaced every five years or so)
You Can’t Beat The Quality Of A Regency Wood Stove!
Here at The Cozy Flame, we carry an array of wood stoves from Regency, one of the best names in the industry. Whether you’re looking for something traditional or more modern, with or without a cook top surface, we’re confident you’ll be pleased with our selection of beautiful and efficient wood stoves. Take a look at some of the options below:
Regency Alterra® CS1200 Small Wood Stove
The striking design of the Alterra CS1200 contemporary wood stove puts the focus on the brilliant glowing fire. With an impressive 20% greater viewing area than traditional wood stoves, and a handy fire-wood storage area at its base, the CS1200 is perfectly proportioned for visual pleasure and functional convenience. Product Product Specifications and Additional Information
Regency Alterra® CS2400 Medium Wood Stove
The striking design of the Alterra CS1200 contemporary wood stove puts the focus on the brilliant glowing fire. With an impressive 20% greater viewing area than traditional wood stoves, and a handy fire-wood storage area at its base, the CS1200 is perfectly proportioned for visual pleasure and functional convenience. Product Specifications and Additional Information
Regency Classic™ F1100 Small Wood Stove
The F1100 is a perfect fit for smaller rooms providing heat that is controlled with the easy to use, single draft rod. You can feel good again about burning wood knowing that this wood stove is clean burning; certified by EPA. Product Specifications and Additional Information
Regency Classic™ F2400 Medium Non-Catalytic Wood Stove
The F2400 sets the standard for the industry’s most reliable, well constructed wood stove providing beautiful wood heat to an average 1500 square foot living area. Load wood in this stove front-to-back or side-to-side log placement for the optimum convenience. Product Specifications and Additional Information
Regency Classic™ S2400 Medium Step Top Wood Stove
The special design of the Step Top Classic provides a convenient and generous cooktop surface to prepare meals on even during power outages. Product Specifications and Additional Information
The largest Regency is an impressive woodstove providing and amazing wide fire view and up to 80,000 BTU, capable of heating an entire home. Our clean burning technology exceeds environmental standards and ensures clean glass. Product Specifications and Additional Information
Regency Classic™ F5100 Extra Large Catalytic Wood Stove
Regency introduces the innovative F5100 catalytic wood stove with Eco-Boost technology! One of the most environmentally friendly woodstoves available anywhere, this highly efficient woodstove is capable of burning a 90 lb wood load for over 30+ hours* while delivering even, consistent and substantial heat. Product Specifications and Additional Information
Shop Regency wood stoves online, or stop in and see our selection at 116-Q Research Drive in Milford, CT. Our Comfort Consultants can answer any questions you may have!