The Perks Of Retrofitting A Gas Insert
If you’re looking to increase the efficiency of your existing fireplace or convert a wood-burning fireplace to gas, you may want to consider having a Gas Insert installed. Gas Inserts are incredibly efficient and clean-burning, and can make fuel conversion a cinch. You’ll love the convenience and safety features of Regency products, and you’re sure to enjoy the reduction in heat and energy loss.
LRi6E Regency Gas Insert
How Do Gas Inserts Work With My Current System?
Gas Inserts are designed to retrofit directly into your existing fireplace, without causing damage or the need for construction. Two things that your chimney sweep will need to check before installation are:
- The size and material of your existing flue liner: If your liner is not approved for use with gas-burning appliances, or if it is improperly sized for your chosen appliance, you will need to have your chimney relined before using your new Gas Insert. Our expert sweeps can install a new stainless steel liner that will give you years of hassle-free enjoyment!
- The condition of your existing chimney: If your chimney is damaged, it will be wise to have repairs made so that your new Gas Insert can work as safely and efficiently as it was designed to. Our sweeps are masonry repair professionals, so whatever it is your chimney needs, we can take care of it.
Direct Vent vs. B-Vent
Regency Fireplace Products offers both Direct Vent & B-Vent Gas Inserts. If you aren’t sure of the difference, you aren’t alone! Here’s a little bit of information to help you make the right choice for your home.
- B-Vent Gas Inserts use the chimney to remove the byproducts of combustion from the home. These appliances also use some of the air from inside of the home in the combustion process. Because these inserts make use of the chimney to vent, you may lose some heat through the chimney, and it’s possible you will experience cooling during a downdraft from time to time.
- Direct Vent Gas Inserts do not require a chimney, and can be exhausted through either the roof or a side wall. With a Direct Vent Gas Insert, you’ll use a manufacturer-recommended piping system to remove the byproducts of combustion from the home, with one pipe designated for intake and another for exhaust. Unlike B-Vent Inserts, Direct Vent Inserts do not use any air from inside of the home, which means you won’t have to worry about other appliances in the home competing with the insert. You’ll also enjoy greater heat output and greater efficiency with a Direct Vent Gas Insert.
The Benefits Of Choosing A Regency Gas Insert
With a new Gas Insert from Regency, you’ll enjoy the:
- Ease of Use & Convenience – As a fuel, nothing is as convenient and easy to use as gas. With a Gas Insert, there’ll be no chopping, seasoning, stacking, storing or loading of wood before each fire. You also won’t have to worry about cleaning up between fires or waiting for your fire to die out before leaving or going to bed. Simply flip a switch to enjoy your fire, and flip a switch to call it a night.
- Clean Burn – Although wood burning appliances have come a long way in emissions reduction, gas is still a cleaner burning fuel. A cleaner burn means less pollution, less byproduct cleanup and less wasted fuel.
- Realistic Flames & Logs – In the past, gas logs and flames just couldn’t compete with the majesty of a real wood fire. But modern gas appliances have come a long way, and you can now enjoy an incredibly realistic-looking fire with the flip of a switch.
- Reduction In Heat & Energy Loss – Regency’s Gas Inserts are known to reduce heat and energy loss by as much as 90%. Equipped with blowers to help direct heat back into the home, Regency’s Gas Inserts help you make the most of your fire and your fuel.
- Aesthetic Variety – Transform the look of your fireplace with one of the many Regency style options. Whether you prefer the double door look or a large, clean viewing area, there’s an insert for you.
- Independence – Take comfort in knowing that with Regency’s Gas Inserts, you can enjoy a warm fire even when a strong winter storm knocks your power out.
Browse Regency’s Best Gas Inserts Right Here
Regency Fireplace Products offers some of the most efficient Gas Inserts on the market. With features like temperature and flame control, quiet blowers, wide viewing areas and incredibly realistic logs and flames, Regency Gas Inserts are sure to please. Choose from beautiful arch-top inserts or modern, clean-lined units – there’s a Regency Wood Burning Insert for every style and taste. Take a look at some of the many options below.
A compact Gas Fireplace Insert that will add a contemporary look to your room. All the features you need to keep your room cozy and on-trend. More details.
Sleek, contemporary gas insert designed to update over 95% of existing fireplaces. More details.
High efficiency direct vent heaters backed by the industry’s best warranty. More details.
Provides reliable, high efficiency heat with exceptional styling. More details.
A large viewing area, to fit in any space! Inspired by our bestselling gas insert, this unit has all the same great features in a more compact form. More details.
High efficiency heater combines intense radiant heat to instantly warm the area in front of your fireplace, adds natural convection. More details.
This small direct vent gas insert is perfect for airtight homes or basements.More details.
This compact Energy Gas Insert is perfect for heating smaller living areas. More details.
Heat medium sized living areas in a wide range of styles with this fireplace insert. More details.
Turn your existing drafty masonry fireplace into a high efficiency heater with the E33. More details.
Designed to meet the demands of homeowners who want to replace an older open gas fireplace with today’s clean face design and modern efficiency. More details.
If you have any questions or would like to know more, please give us a call at 203-283-4459, or stop in and see us! We can help you decide if a Gas Insert is right for you. Start shopping now!
Gas logs can make burning a fire about as simple and convenient as it gets, without sacrificing the look of a real wood-fueled fire. Ask us about this solution for your hearth needs.