If you’re interested in adding an outdoor heat source to your home – but aren’t ready to commit to the major construction or permanence of an outdoor fireplace or fire pit – a fire table may be right for you. Fire tables offer the beauty and warmth or a fire pit with the added benefits of portability, easy ignition, and minimal mess.
What is the difference between a fire pit and a fire table?
The difference between a fire pit and a fire table is more than just semantics; these two outdoor heating appliances are very different and each have their own advantages and disadvantages.
– Fire pit: Fire pits come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and styles; the two most common types of fire pits are portable metal drums and permanent in-ground stone fire pits.
The majority of fire pits are wood burning. While this creates warm and aromatic fires – as well as the opportunity for roasting marshmallows – it can also leave you with soot and ash to clean and remove after every fire. Metal fire pits can be prone to rusting due to exposure to the elements. Likewise, larger stone fire pits cannot be moved or adjusted once built, limiting the areas in your outdoor living space where you can entertain.
– Fire table: Fire tables are portable outdoor heating appliances made of stone and metal such as stainless steel or bronze. Available in a variety of shapes and sizes, fire tables can fit into any kind of outdoor living space.
Because they burn propane instead of wood, fire tables provide efficient heat with a minimum amount of smoke. This allows the whole family – including those with allergies or respiratory issues – to enjoy sitting around the fire, even on windy days. Likewise, their size and weight allow them to be moved around the yard for maximum flexibility when entertaining.
Fire table features
At The Cozy Flame, we are proud to carry Regency fire tables. These high quality heating appliances provide a balance of style, functionality, and durability and will last you and your family for years to come. Some of the features of the Regency fire tables include:
– Versatile designs for a variety of outdoor living spaces
– Choice between vibrant crystals, volcanic stones, or driftwood ceramic logs
– Long, full, lazy flames that mimic the look of a wood burning fire
– Optional tempered glass wind shield for a strong flame picture
– Electronic ignition and safety valve
– Seasonal weather resistant cover
– Dining leaf to add functionality to the table when fire is not in use
Add warmth and elegance to your outdoor living spaces by purchasing a fire table. These versatile heating appliances will help you entertain in style for years to come. Contact The Cozy Flame today for more information on what a fire table can add to your outdoor living space.