There are several fuels that can heat a home well, some better than others. With industrial advancements in manufacturing, technology, and fire science, every home can have an efficient fireplace no matter what type of fuel it burns. However, one fuel type stands above the rest.
The most efficient fuel is natural gas, and the most efficient fireplace systems are those that burn natural gas.
- Gas burns cleanly with little carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and soot
- Requires less sweeps
- Is more plentiful than other renewable sources of fuel
- Is less dependent on electricity, offers the ability to use during a power outage
- Has a convenient on/off switch and controls
- Requires less maintenance, repairs, and wear and tear over time
- Has many models, styles and installation options
When you choose to burn gas, you are releasing less greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, less harmful gases in and around your home, and will require less maintenance due to a cleaner burn. Many models of gas fireplaces don’t even require chimney access, but can work together with a vent installed at the time of installation.
Gas Fireplaces at The Cozy Flame
The Cozy Flame wants all of our customers in Milford, Connecticut, and surrounding areas to be safe and warm each winter, but also to save money. The more efficient our customers are, the cleaner the air is in our neighborhoods. We live and work in Milford and our community is important to us. That is why we are happy to offer the best gas fireplace products on the market.
- Gas Inserts – Both gas inserts and direct vent gas inserts are highly efficient, produce enough heat for adequate room heating, are closed units (not drawing heated air from the room) and are beautiful. You can choose a facing that matches your personality and your home decor, and keep your existing chimney with minor modifications.
- Gas Stoves – Gas stoves offer all the benefits of a gas fireplace, but they can be installed anywhere that a wall is available to install a vent. These stoves have the classic look of traditional cast iron stoves and look realistic with ceramic logs and beautiful flames.
- Gas Logs – Log sets are becoming a popular option in recent years because they are inserted directly into an existing firebox. You can choose vented and ventless log sets that are great for zone heating. Log sets come in different sizes according to space, ventilation, and heating needs, and even come in different tree types.
When you choose a gas fireplace, you are choosing the most efficient fuel type for your new fireplace. If you’re not satisfied with the performance of your wood burning fireplace or would like the convenience of gas, it’s not difficult to transition. We can help you decide what type of fireplace will work best for you at The Cozy Flame. Stop in or call today.